Youth and Community Engagement Manager
The Arkansas Arts Center is hiring a Youth and Community Engagement Manager to work Tuesday – Saturday with once a month Sunday hours. Duties include: Develop, teach and coordinate a full range of youth classes, workshops and special programs offered through the AAC Museum School for students ages 2–18.
- Responsible for teaching 1 section of summer program each week, 4 classes in Fall, Winter and Spring Sessions, a minimum of 3 workshops per year and Homeschool class.
- Create Lesson plans, syllabi and other materials for classes.
- Arrive in time to set up and clean up studios.
- Obtain and distribute rosters.
- Working with the Director of Education and Museum School Manager to create a wide range of classes, workshops and special programs, write exciting descriptions and meet marketing deadlines for publications.
- Research like organizations and youth programs.
- Manage and act as daily coordinator for Junior Arts Academy and Spring Break.
- Schedule and lead teacher planning meetings and family information meetings.
- Update, send and collect all student forms and clearly communicate with parents.
- Oversee check-in and out process.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate Monthly Super Sunday Free Family Fun Day, Family Festivals and Weekday Family Art Activity Program and activities to connect Children’s Theatres to the Museum.
- Assist with education department programs and events.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train and evaluate youth instructors.
- Create teaching agreements for contract workers.
- Oversee payroll process for instructors in department.
- Build and maintain relationships with local art instructor, teachers and principals.
- Assist Director of Education, Senior Education Specialist and Education Specialist in fostering relationships with schools and the community.
- Create innovate activities to engage youth patrons and families in AAC Exhibitions, AAC Children’s Theater and School Tours.
- Act as a docent when needed for School Tours.
- Maintain inventory and order supplies for youth programs.
- Establish relationships with parents and communicate professionally and clearly answer any questions or concerns about programs.
- Continue to learn new techniques and skills applicable to position.
- Assist with Continuing Education for Educators Program.
Bachelor’s degree and classroom experience required. Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred. Advanced knowledge of Common Core State Standards Initiative and Arkansas Curriculum Frameworks preferred.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than March 31, 2017.
Part-Time Facilities Associate
Responsibilities consist of maintaining the cleanliness of bathrooms, refill/stock paper towels, toilet paper and soap dispensers. Assist with set up of events on weekends. Maintenance of the facility/building and grounds to include raking and disposing of leaves and refuse. Monitor all outside fountains for removal of leaves, checking strainer density. Additional duties include vacuuming, mopping, cleaning windows, stocking the copy machines with paper. Follow all safety regulations. Ability to read and write simple correspondence and prioritize multiple assignments; positive communication skills are necessary. Computer proficiency is required. Ability to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds is mandatory. Valid driver’s license is required. Must be dependable.
Total hours for this position are generally 12 to 16 hours per weekend (Saturday and Sunday).
Start times are as follows:
- 8:00 a.m. (When Museum School classes are in session starting at 9 a.m. or if cleanup of Friday evening event is required prior to building opening at 10 a.m.)
- 9:00 a.m. (If there are no special event needs prior to building opening at 10 a.m.)
- 9:00 a.m. (Gives you time to clean up public areas prior to the 11 a.m.opening)
- 10:00 a.m. (If these are no special event needs prior to building opening at 11 a.m.)
Some special events may provide opportunity for additional hours. Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.